Naturopathy is both an art and a science for healthy living. It is a drugless system of healing based on five elements (Panch Mahabhut) - water, air, mud, sky and fire.
According to the manifesto of British Naturopathic Association
“Naturopathy is a system of treatment which recognises the existence of a vital curative force within the body."
- British Naturopathic Association
It advocates aiding the system in removing the cause of the disease by expelling the unwanted and unused matter/toxins from the body.
The main principles of Naturopathy are as follows:
- In Naturopathy the patient is treated and not the disease.
- The causes and treatment of all diseases that are not traumatic and environmental conditions is the same. The cause of all diseases is the accumulation of morbid matter in the body and their elimination from the body is the treatment
- The primary cause of disease is not bacteria or virus. Bacteria and virus enter and survive in the body only after the accumulation of morbid matter when a favourable atmosphere for their growth is established in the body. Hence, the basic cause is morbid matter, not the bacteria.
- Nature is the greatest healer. Body has the capacity to prevent diseases and regain health if it does get one.
- Acute diseases are indications of our body’s self-healing mechanism. They are our friends, not the enemy. Chronic diseases are outcome of wrong treatment and suppression of the acute diseases.
- Patients suffering from chronic ailments are treated in less time by Naturopathy compared to other techniques.
- Naturopathy treats all the aspects like physical, mental, social and spiritual at the same time.
- Naturopathy does not use medicine. According to Naturopathy, “Food is Medicine”.
- According to Gandhiji “Rama Nama is the best Natural Treatment", means doing prayer according to one's spiritual faith is an important part of treatment.
What we offer?
We offer many Naturopathy treatments as mentioned below. Many of these treatments are available to the general population at the Yoganjali center in the Tihar Jail Residential colony.
- Mud pack, Mud Applications
- Mud Bath, Underground Mud Bath, Mud Pool Bath
- Hip Bath
- Spinal Bath, Spinal Spray Bath
- Immersion Bath, Friction Bath
- Foot Bath, Arm Bath
- Steam Bath, Sauna Bath
- Sun Bath, Colour Sun Bath (Chromo Bath),
- Green Leaves Sun Bath
- Hot & Cold Fomentation
- Wet Sheet Pack, Chest Pack, Abdomen Pack, Trunk Pack
- Knee Pack, Neck Pack, Wet Girdle Pack
- Enema-Warm Water, Butter Milk, Tender Coconut Water etc.
- Circular Jet Bath
- Colon Irrigation
- Deluxe Hydro Massage, Jacuzzi
- Hot and Cold Water Douches, Effusions
- Whirlpool Bath
- Under Water Exercises
- Magnet Therapy
- Colour Therapy
- Physiotherapy Treatments - Exercise Therapy, Electro Therapy
Afflictions and Diseases which can be cured by Naturopathy
The Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN) has been trying to verify the efficacy of Naturopathy system in curative and preventive aspects of various diseases by launching research oriented programmes. Based on the research studies under CCRYN projects, the following diseases have been found to be amenable through Naturopathy treatment.
Asthma (Allergic & Bronchial), Amoebiasis, Anaemia, Anxiety, Neurosis, Allergic Skin Diseases, Cervical Spondylosis, Chronic Non-Healing Ulcers, Colitis, Cirrhosis of Liver
Constipation, Diarrhoea, Dysentery, Diabetes Mellitus, Eczema, Facial Paralysis, Flatulence, Gastritis, Gout, Hemiplegic, Hypertension, Hypotension, Hyperacidity, Jaundice, Leucorrhoea, Leprosy, Obesity, Osteo-Arthritis, Poliomyelitis, Peptic Ulcer
Psoriasis, Scabies, Sciatica, Splenomegaly, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psycho-Somatic disorders.
Further, research studies are going on at several centres and it is hoped that the utility and efficacy of Naturopathy in more areas may be identified in years to come.